West coast championships

Discuss specific race events, who is going, timing, etc

Moderator: Al Fernandez

BADVENM

Postby BADVENM » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:30 am

About 7 hours to Hallett for us, 22 to Leguna Seca. It's Leguna Seca man! ;)
NASA Rocky Mountain - Camaro-Mustang Challenge car #8 Team Incidental Contact
3rd Place CMC - 2010 NASA National Championship
3rd Place CMC - 2015 NASA West Coast Championship PTB

HMark

Re: West coast.............

Postby HMark » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 pm

FlashoverRacing wrote:I spent over $3000 last year getting ready for the nationals at Sonoma Raceway and then had several racers back out at the last second.....so I didn't get to race....And without any CMC racers this year, I do not have enough races to qualify to race at the nationals............................ :roll:

I don't either. Maybe we can have the not-eligible but have a car class...

-Don
SoCal CMC #13
SoCal Spec Iron #13
www.cmcparts.com

MHISSTC

Re: West coast.............

Postby MHISSTC » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:46 pm

HMark wrote:
FlashoverRacing wrote:I spent over $3000 last year getting ready for the nationals at Sonoma Raceway and then had several racers back out at the last second.....so I didn't get to race....And without any CMC racers this year, I do not have enough races to qualify to race at the nationals............................ :roll:

I don't either. Maybe we can have the not-eligible but have a car class...

-Don

If we're serious about attracting cars and drivers to the Western Nationals in this manner, how about agreeing to run with a Modified 13/13 rules set along with utilizing a flying start to potentially lessen carnage?
Scott Lockhart
Team Incidental Contact
Sponsor - Hanksville Hotrods

Den34

Postby Den34 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:44 am

Here is a idea. The new Corvette Museum track in Bowling Green Kentucky is 13 hours from Houston Tx, 11 from DFW TX, 13.5 from Goodland Kansas, 9 hours from Raleigh NC, 7 hours from Chicago and 7 hours from Cleveland Oh. Seems to me this would make a great track for all the CMCers to show up and race, It is about as central to everyone as we will ever get. If we get everyone to show up to a race at this venue it will be the closest thing to a Nationals with a lot of cars as we will ever get.
The Midwest Great lakes region is running there on July 17-19 2015. Maybe if we run there next year we could all plan on it.
Bob Denton
CMC #67
2000 Pontiac Firebird
Midwest Region Series Director

Supercharged111

Postby Supercharged111 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:32 am

If they do Road America, that'd be real difficult to pass up seeing how it's 4 hours from home. I could embarrass myself in front of the family. I thought for sure it'd be closer to me than the NCMMP but Lougle maps is quoting about 20 miles of difference there and they both seem to be top notch facilities. Hallett really is our nats and seems fairly central to us all too. I'm inclined to go where the people are more so than an upper crust facility, because without other CMC cars it may as well be warmup. Like it or not, the preponderance of TX folks is what really makes the turnouts for such an event. It would also help to get with your regional director ahead of time to see about making it a crossover event. More people might show if points are on the line.
Rocky Mountain CMC Director
#45 Camaro Challenge Race Car

AllZWay

Postby AllZWay » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:09 am

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the nationals will remain primarily a regional even regardless of where it is held IMHO.

More of us than not are budget racing and don't have the budget to tow off to an event regardless of the distance that isn't in our normal yearly points budgeted races.

Only an NC event really close would I even consider trying to make. The dual NC just split up those few that are willing to spend on that type of race.

In the mean time, Hallett is a very nice alternative where more CMC cars race every single year than a few NC races combined.
James Proctor
2007 Texas Region - Rookie of the Year
2009 Texas Region - CMC2 Champion
2012 Texas Region - CMC Champion
http://www.jp-motorsports.com

DAlgozine

Postby DAlgozine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:45 pm

My understanding of Bobs post is that Bowling Green can be more centrally located then Hallett for more racers. In addition to being reasonably situated for the current Hallett regulars, also can be accessible for some additional Midwest areas, such as Detroit, northern Ohio, and even some southeast racers. I think Bob is suggesting that the Hallett group consider trying Bowling Green next year.
Dave Algozine
CMC #12

Return to “Event Specific”