2013 Nationals Videos

Discuss specific race events, who is going, timing, etc

Moderator: Al Fernandez

MHISSTC

Postby MHISSTC » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:46 pm

I purchased 4 of the Mini DVR 808 #16 V2 -Lens D Key Chain Micro Camera HD 720P Pocket Camcorder 8GB keyfob cameras to put at various locations around the car and to have extras in case we damaged any of them. The seller named eletoponline365 on Ebay has the best reputation. There were only $52.99 with the 8GB micro SD card and free shipping. There is also a super easy GUI to change camera settings and update the camera firmware. I bought USB powerpoint charger adapters from the same seller. He also sells the same camera without a micro SD card, one with a 4GB card, and one with a charger and no card for a little less money. Shipping from China is surprisingly quick. The RC airplane guys rave about them and have done some very cool hacks with them. I've been nothing but happy with them so far.
Scott Lockhart
Team Incidental Contact
Sponsor - Hanksville Hotrods

Supercharged111

Postby Supercharged111 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Are these the units you've run all season or a newer version yet?
Rocky Mountain CMC Director
#45 Camaro Challenge Race Car

MHISSTC

Postby MHISSTC » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Sorry for the slow response. For some reason I'm no longer getting notifications when threads are being responded to.

Yes, the link and information I supplied are for the cameras I have been using all season. I know for sure of at least one different version of the camera has been introduced. It's a full HD version in a cast aluminum case, but it's also larger, heavier, and more expensive and not what I was interested in. There may have been another one too, but I haven't looked back since I got these. I know there has been one or more firmware updates since I purchased them. That was accomplished without incident using the downloadable GUI available with them. Google Chuck Lohr and keyfob cameras and you'll find his site where he provides great detail on each new iteration of camera as it becomes available.
Scott Lockhart

Team Incidental Contact

Sponsor - Hanksville Hotrods

Return to “Event Specific”