2013 Nationals Videos

Discuss specific race events, who is going, timing, etc

Moderator: Al Fernandez

wastntim

Postby wastntim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:34 pm

suck fumes wrote:Rear view

http://youtu.be/Kxh8TBS_7-U

Wow! :o This really shows the difference. Talk about leading the field. Looks like a AI car vs a bunch of CMC's.
Robert #24
NASA Midwest - CMC2
HeavyImpactMotorsports@gmail.com
Sponsor: Cassidy Tire/Tiresdirect.net & CTW Motorsports

Sidney

Postby Sidney » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:04 pm

suck fumes wrote:The rules are written in black and white. I followed all those rules according to how they are written.

Umm....no you didn't. No where in the "Black and White" rules does it say the wheel spacers count in the weight of the wheel. You or your builder obviously had to have had discussion with Texas Region Tech and I'm sure Glenn or you would not have bought 16 lb wheels and lots of them. Had you followed the "Rules according to how they are written" there would not be 5 pages of discussion about your wheels.

Carry on,

Sidney

suck fumes

Postby suck fumes » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Al actually made the suggestion and I said really that's ok? Got the go ahead and went with it.
2013 CMC NATIONAL CHAMPION

Motorsportheaven.com

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Sidney wrote:
suck fumes wrote:The rules are written in black and white. I followed all those rules according to how they are written.

Umm....no you didn't. No where in the "Black and White" rules does it say the wheel spacers count in the weight of the wheel. You or your builder obviously had to have had discussion with Texas Region Tech and I'm sure Glenn or you would not have bought 16 lb wheels and lots of them. Had you followed the "Rules according to how they are written" there would not be 5 pages of discussion about your wheels.

Carry on,

Sidney

You almost got it right Sid. It is legal per the NATIONAL Director. He does live here.

So when I paint my 17.9 lb 17" wheels black, they are no longer legal? I would think so as long as I add .1lbs of paint to them.
Texas Region AI/CMC Series Director
Inferior Driver, Superior Platform…. since 2005.

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Sidney wrote:

Carry on,

Sidney

You almost got it right Sid. It is legal per the NATIONAL Director. He does live here.

So when I paint my 17.9 lb 17" wheels black, they are no longer legal? I would think so as long as I add .1lbs of paint to them.
Texas Region AI/CMC Series Director

Inferior Driver, Superior Platform…. since 2005.

Sidney

Postby Sidney » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:56 pm

suck fumes wrote:Al actually made the suggestion and I said really that's ok? Got the go ahead and went with it.

It doesn't matter if John Lindsey said it was ok...the rules are the rules. Al does not rewrite the rules at his whim. There is a process and you folks in Texas messed that up.

Sidney

(Edited to clean up my foul language.)
Last edited by Sidney on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

suck fumes

Postby suck fumes » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Why don't you go back to your hole cause no one cares what you think.

And why are you such a bitter little man? You're the only one who is so bent out of shape and you don't even compete anymore!

Motorsportheaven.com

TX#11CMC

Postby TX#11CMC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Sidney wrote:
suck fumes wrote:Al actually made the suggestion and I said really that's ok? Got the go ahead and went with it.

It doesn't matter if John Lindsey said it was ok...the rules are the rules. Al does not rewrite the rules at his whim. There is a process and you folks in Texas fucked that up.

Sidney

Why don't you pick up a phone, call a director, and complain to them. It is getting old reading it on here.
Last edited by TX#11CMC on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Michael Mosty
TX region #11
"Fox" driver and lovin it!!!
Texas Region - CMC Director

nape

Postby nape » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:31 pm

suck fumes wrote:You're the only one who is so bent out of shape and you don't even compete anymore!

Well, he's the only one being vocal about it. There are a few of us shaking our heads over the way some of the rules are interpreted.

We can't do XYZ to cut consumable costs but we can TIG some spacers to underweight wheels to get dead nuts. I understand it's totally legal and you were within the rules, but with some of the things that have been hot button issues over the years, this seems odd that it's allowed.

Congrats on your Championship.
TJ Bain
Midwest AI #134
Midwest CMC #66

Sidney

Postby Sidney » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:16 am

TX#11CMC wrote:Very classy!!!
Why don't you pick up a phone, call a director, and complain to them. It is getting old reading it on here.

I already have starting during the Nationals weekend and earlier this week.

I apologize for my earlier language. I've edited the post to clean that up.

Thanks,

Sidney

suck fumes

Thursdays race

Postby suck fumes » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:39 am

Last to first (well I didn't upload the whole video but it shows the first place car at the end)

http://youtu.be/D9iD_pNBHXA

Motorsportheaven.com

Spencer

Postby Spencer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 am

Looks like you were not too happy with that white S197, was that a spec iron car?

suck fumes

Postby suck fumes » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:08 am

No AI. And he was screwing me up trying to catch the leaders. He was all alone and trying to race me even though I wasn't even in his class!

Motorsportheaven.com

MHISSTC

Postby MHISSTC » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:04 am

a few highlights in 2 minutes from the passenger side

http://youtu.be/m8qdFOnbbt8
Scott Lockhart
Team Incidental Contact
Sponsor - Hanksville Hotrods

D. Francis

Postby D. Francis » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:00 pm

MHISSTC wrote:a few highlights in 2 minutes from the passenger side

...and spin well he did. Which camera is that?
David Francis
#39 CMC Camaro
Orange is FAST!

Return to “Event Specific”