Nationals - 2013

Discuss specific race events, who is going, timing, etc

Moderator: Al Fernandez

Sidney

Postby Sidney » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Sidney wrote:Glenn,

This is your quote from page 4 of the above thread:

guys - dont "what if" this to death. look at the rule, understand its intent. dont look for loopholes. the purpose of this class is to not out build a fellow racer.

My frustration is somewhere last winter the powers that be in Texas did not clearly repeat this message to Suck Fumes and possibly did just the opposite but that's for Al to address.

I have "Mouth" for this as I'm still passionate about Road Racing, V8 Pony Cars, NASA, and CMC. I have friends racing in this class. I have scars and a poorer bank account because of this passion. CMC has been more about drinking margaritas and racing then spending money and working on racecars. I drug my first Camaro out of a junkyard in 2001 and went through 2 more F-bodies before selling out and for the most part loved it all. I still have a NASA membership. Many, many members of NASA don't own racecars but still have a passion for racing and the rules that govern that. CMC was the least costly place to race V8's and that was mostly due to the very tight "Bookend" rules of specific parts and the Dyno along with the position of "If it doesn't say you can then you can't" philosophy.

To use your words Glenn: You Texas Guys - dont "what if" this to death. look at the rule, understand its intent. dont look for loopholes. the purpose of this class is to not out build a fellow racer.

Had Todd, Al, and yourself stayed true to these words...well there wouldn't have been 8 or 10 pages of bad feelings but 8 or 10 pages of how great Nationals was.

Sidney

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:46 am

I don't see where I have contradicted myself.

Please address the previous post with the listed scenarios.
Texas Region AI/CMC Series Director
Inferior Driver, Superior Platform…. since 2005.

BADVENM

Postby BADVENM » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:08 am

One other thing. Its minor but we missed (in my opinion) a great opportunity to put Traqmates on every platform except the S197 at this event. I think we could have had some great data to look at and compare.
NASA Rocky Mountain - Camaro-Mustang Challenge car #8 Team Incidental Contact
3rd Place CMC - 2010 NASA National Championship
3rd Place CMC - 2015 NASA West Coast Championship PTB

suck fumes

Postby suck fumes » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:17 am

I was wondering about that, I thought they would put a traqmate in at least the top 3 cars since there were three different models in the top 3.
2013 CMC NATIONAL CHAMPION

Motorsportheaven.com

MHISSTC

Postby MHISSTC » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:19 am

I think I saw a couple going into some AI cars. Hopefully all that data will be provided with full disclosure.
Scott Lockhart
Team Incidental Contact
Sponsor - Hanksville Hotrods

adam_ginsberg

Postby adam_ginsberg » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:26 pm

It isn't so much getting the Traqmates on the cars. It's getting Todd to actually do something with the data. Just like his CMC Championship writeup - if it happens at all, it will be months, and months too late.

Holding one's breath for Covini to finish something isn't a wise thing to do.....

illicit Motorsports

Postby illicit Motorsports » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm glad to see this thread finally calm down!

The 2013 Nationals were a great experience. Congratulations to all the teams, sponsors and drivers. I was able to meet a lot of great guys. I look forward to see all of you in the future.

As for the competition, all three classes were very exciting! It was nice to see so many TX guys on the podium.

I can't wait to see Spec Iron in 2014...

Al Fernandez

Postby Al Fernandez » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:17 am

Congrats Aaron for the championship and congrats also to everyone that participated. Sorry for the delayed response, I can't seem to stay in the US lately....
Al Fernandez
CMC Chief National Director

Return to “Event Specific”