lots of new faces here as of late.

General CMC discussion

Moderator: Al Fernandez

mattr

Postby mattr » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Santa Clarita, yes. We've been around since the early 90s.
1986 Mustang 5.0

Al Fernandez

Postby Al Fernandez » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Very cool. I tried to get in there back around...94 some time. I didnt have enough data acquisition experience to convince them to take me on. Anyway welcome aboard! :D
Al Fernandez
CMC Chief National Director

mattr

Postby mattr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks! HPD has changed quite a bit since then. We've grown from a shipping and trackside support facility to full research and development. There are 4 dynos, a materials lab, an electronics lab, etc. etc. Everything a manufacturer should have to go Indy racing. I used to work for Porsche in the US, and that doesn't even compare.

My boss told me a great story you guys would appreciate.

One day he was at lunch with his Honda Racing shirt on. A kid came up said "Oh wow, you work for Honda Racing, thats so cool. I have a Civic, what can I do to make it go fast?"

his response: "Sell it and buy a mustang"
1986 Mustang 5.0

mitchntx

Postby mitchntx » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 am

LOL :D ... :roll: I don't get it.

Mustang and Honda are synonyms ...

8)

Al Fernandez

Postby Al Fernandez » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:39 am

Its tough being in so cal and being a fan of V8 muscle cars. This is the epicenter of rice after all...
Al Fernandez

cb

Postby cb » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:04 am

im chris b from nh.. found this site thru a link on grassroots motorsports. not 100% sure what i am going to do yet but enjoy pkoing around readin the info avaiable

Lady in Nomex

Postby Lady in Nomex » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:53 am

Al Fernandez wrote:Its tough being in so cal and being a fan of V8 muscle cars. This is the epicenter of rice after all...

I haven't lived there in many years but it was the epicenter of all things V8 when I grew up there in the 70s and 80s! If you owned anything rice you were uncool! Times change, but rest assured there are still many V8s prowling the streets of LA! 8)
Julie Bergman
CMC #37 Gekko Racing TA

GT4Point6

Postby GT4Point6 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:12 pm

mattr wrote:My boss told me a great story you guys would appreciate.

One day he was at lunch with his Honda Racing shirt on. A kid came up said "Oh wow, you work for Honda Racing, thats so cool. I have a Civic, what can I do to make it go fast?"

his response: "Sell it and buy a mustang"

Priceless! Maybe I'll put that as my signature.... 8) :lol:
Kevin, SoCal #63

fairlane_68

Postby fairlane_68 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm not switching series or clubs yet, kinda waiting to see where things are sitting once my car is built. I'm new to racing, at least beyond the spectator point. For now, I'm keeping options open.

lee33lyn

Postby lee33lyn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:16 pm

I've made several question recently and saw this thread and thought I introduce myself since I haven't done so before.
My name is Lee Fuller and I'm 43. I'm a multifamily general and electrical contractor out of Greensboro NC. ( 45 mins from VIR ). I had no idea that all this racing was going on so close to my house. Been busy trying to make a living and raising a family. I saw a Redline Time Attack on TV and sounded like fun. So, I got on the internet and here I am. I've got about 10 track days with various clubs and hope to get comp lisc in late 2010. I'll be in the MA region and I'm prepping a 4th gen camaro for CMC 1 or CMC 2 hopefully in late 10 or early 11.
thanks for reading.
Leebo

Al Fernandez

Postby Al Fernandez » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Welcome aboard Lee!!! No better way to enjoy being a gear head :D
Al Fernandez

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:27 am

After a year, I've noticed another influx of new folks here.
Step up and tell us about yourself.
Texas Region AI/CMC Series Director
Inferior Driver, Superior Platform…. since 2005.

jdlingle

Postby jdlingle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:01 pm

I guess I'll start. MY name is John and I am 29, married with a 15 month old boy. i sat around dreaming about real racing for about 3 years before I finally decided that dreaming wasnt going to accomplish anything. I did research looking for a healthy series that would let me race a Ford and and still be around by the time I was ready. CMC looked to be the perfect match. I bought a 96 Mustang GT that I am in the process of converting to a CMC2 car. So far I have the interior mostly stripped (started on the sound deadening last night :evil: ) and have a few suspension pieces I need to put on soon.

I am training at Driveway Austin (L2 course tommorrrow) as money permits to get my comp license and am going to do DE's as well up until I am ready for the comp license. I hope to make all the NASA TX events this year. ECR was my first track day this past year. As luck would have it I ended up living down the road from Jeremiah so I have been pestering him with questions quite a bit recently but he, Mosty, and Jeremy Gunther have all given me some good advice in addition to the answers people have posted to my questions here. This is a good board with a lot of helpful folks.

liebbe

Postby liebbe » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:41 am

Welcome John. See, all it took was just to take the radio out like Jeremiah said. I live in the Tomball/Spring/Woodlands area and abuse a Mustang as well, currently building a 94. Let me know if you need any help.

Rob Liebbe

SomeGuyz28

Postby SomeGuyz28 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:20 am

Hey everyone. Name is Amrish Patel and am 27 yrs old, I had a few discussions with Al Watson and met him at the last event at Thunderbolt which was also my first time out to any HPDE/Race event and I have to say it was awesome! Al got me a lot of good info and was great to talk to him.

I have been a long time thirdgen camaro person and Right now have two - 1992 z28 pro-street build in the works and an original 1988 Iroc-Z with 72k miles that is mint and staying that way.

I am looking to getting another thirdgen camaro to get into CMC1 in the northeast and cant wait to start. Not sure if I can afford it for this coming year though so it may be as long as 2012 for me :(

I plan to be at as many events summer of 2011 as possible just to meet everyone and gather as much knowledge as possible. Im sure some of you have seen i have been asking about trailers and have been checking classifieds periodically for cars/trailers that are good deals.

Cant wait for next season to get started!
1992 z28 - 383 LT1, T-56 (FAST XFI 2.0 in progress and D1SC soon)
1988 Iroc-Z 305 TPI T-5 G92 3.45 - SOLD :(
1989 RS roller, LT1/T56, 4thgen rear, all waiting for a decision...

Return to “General Discussion”