lots of new faces here as of late.

General CMC discussion

Moderator: Al Fernandez

larry klamecki

S197

Postby larry klamecki » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:49 am

We're just about to complete a S197 build for CMC2. It's been quite a journey breaking new ground. There's a lot of lessons to be learned; for us it was the hard way.

Our first race will be Thunderhill in late April, though it will be primarily a test session as we have no clue yet on suspension settings, etc. Stay tuned. :-?

double tap 1

pics??

Postby double tap 1 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:15 am

got any pics???

double tap 1

Postby double tap 1 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:17 am

Kent wrote:Jesse,

Do you plan on coming to VIR this weekend?

Kent

not this weekend,
but i will be there the weekend of july 25th, for 3 days.
j

Al Fernandez

Postby Al Fernandez » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Awesome guys, welcome aboard!
Al Fernandez
CMC Chief National Director

bluefirepony

Re: S197

Postby bluefirepony » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Well, I finally decided to officially join this forum though our CMC build is still a bit off...looking at mid-2010 probably.
In the meantime, I am giving some serious thought about config'ing the S197 for the deuce later this year. Kinda hate to do it but depending on car count in my new adopted region we'll see....no I-told-ya-so from you Glenn ;)

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:44 pm

:P
Texas Region AI/CMC Series Director
Inferior Driver, Superior Platform…. since 2005.

GregFW

Postby GregFW » Wed May 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Greg here in Fort Worth. Too lazy (and aware of my own limitations) to build a car, but kudos to those who are. I bought my 88 IROC from Rick Santos in NoCal who took it to the track in 1991 and never looked back.

My DE experience started with an Acura RXS-S and moved to an E-36 M3. But after a couple of years I came to see that a fully prepped car was a better idea and then why not race? So it was CMC or Spec Miata and CMC got me hooked. Not the least of "why" is the great people in the class.

Just cleared my provisional license with two weekends here in Texas and am looking forward to testing my Comp license at Barber later in May. So to everyone building and getting ready... dive in, the water's great.

Jrod

Postby Jrod » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:09 pm

As this is my first post, I'm super noob in here. My hope is that I actually drive as good as I think I do and can get a license in the next year-ish and score a built Mustang. I found CMC when Matt King built the four-eye in Hot Rod a few years ago, and my two Driver's Edge events plus Lemons has totally ruined me.
Barring ridiculous occurances, I'll be at TWS in August HPDEing. My wife will pilot the mustang and I'll be in my C***ette. This will be our first NASA event and I'm looking forward to seeing the races between sessions. Hope to see you Texas guys out there.

Jared

Fletch

Postby Fletch » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Patrick R. here, I'm a NASA-SE memeber running HPDE-2. I learned of the NASA back in 2006, went to a few events, decided I wanted in. So bought a ragged out 88 GT in early 2007, started getting the motor, etc ready for DE events. Ran my first event in Feb 2009 at CMP and had the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. Now I'm in HPDE-2, just ran road atlanta this past weekend, loved it.

Now I'm hooked completely!

TX#11CMC

Postby TX#11CMC » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:11 am

Jrod wrote:As this is my first post, I'm super noob in here. My hope is that I actually drive as good as I think I do and can get a license in the next year-ish and score a built Mustang. I found CMC when Matt King built the four-eye in Hot Rod a few years ago, and my two Driver's Edge events plus Lemons has totally ruined me.
Barring ridiculous occurances, I'll be at TWS in August HPDEing. My wife will pilot the mustang and I'll be in my C***ette. This will be our first NASA event and I'm looking forward to seeing the races between sessions. Hope to see you Texas guys out there.

Jared

Jared, we will all be pitted in the middle garage at TWS in August. Look forward to seeing you there.
BTW, why don't you drive the Mustang and let your wife drive the Vette? Afraid she will beat you? :P
-Michael Mosty
TX region #11
"Fox" driver and lovin it!!!
Texas Region - CMC Director

Jrod

Postby Jrod » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:23 pm

TX#11CMC wrote:Jared, we will all be pitted in the middle garage at TWS in August. Look forward to seeing you there.
BTW, why don't you drive the Mustang and let your wife drive the Vette? Afraid she will beat you? :P

Maybe... :lol: I've been dying to wail on it on the big track since I bought the Z last August 1, seems like a nice one-year celbration. She's agreed to the terms for this event and is a good sport about it. If all goes well, she's eyeballing SM.
I'll be by the garage for sure. Good luck in the races all!

mattr

Postby mattr » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:00 pm

I'm a 24 year old mechanical engineer living in LA. I got an '86 Mustang a few months ago and started tearing into it for CMC. One of my coworkers has an AI SVO he races in so-cal, so its his fault I took the plunge. I've been around NASA races for a few years but only working/spectating. I'm currently working for Honda/Acura on the ALMS P1 and Indy car in engine development. This is my first race car after 4 years working in racing and I'm excited for it to be a V8.
1986 Mustang 5.0

Al Fernandez

Postby Al Fernandez » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:37 pm

Welcome aboard Matt!! So will your colleagues at work make fun of you for racing with things made of cast iron? :lol:
Al Fernandez

mattr

Postby mattr » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Al Fernandez wrote:Welcome aboard Matt!! So will your colleagues at work make fun of you for racing with things made of cast iron? :lol:

About half of them do. The other half either have or have had Mustangs. Its a funny mix...
1986 Mustang 5.0

Al Fernandez

Postby Al Fernandez » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:21 am

The Honda indy car engine shop used to be in Santa Clara in the early 90s...still there?
Al Fernandez

Return to “General Discussion”