lots of new faces here as of late.

General CMC discussion

Moderator: Al Fernandez

Glenn
Posts: 2672
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:53 pm
Location: Ft. Worth

lots of new faces here as of late.

Postby Glenn » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:35 am

that to me is a really good thing. its a positive sign of series growth.
so why dont a few of you take a moment to introduce yourselves. some guys i see are switching from one series to this one. please explain why you are doing so. some racing background would be nice too.
i also ask that each of you fill in the location below your used ID there on the left.
Texas Region AI/CMC Series Director
Inferior Driver, Superior Platform…. since 2005.

JCoulter
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: Franklin, NC

Postby JCoulter » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:53 pm

I'll go first. My name is John Coulter, I'm a 45 year old general contractor, I live in western NC, and I'm a track junkie. (now everyone says, "hi John").
Back in the mid 80's I autocrossed a Toyota GTS. I did my first track day with NASA in 2007, in a friends 95 Mustang GT.
Since then, I've been DE'ing in a 97 Cobra convertible, basic suspension mods on street tires. I'm building a 2000 GT for CMC 1/2. This current economy has me at a standstill completing the car. I'm still hopeful of having the car together over the winter, and continue to do DE's in it on Ra1/r888's. If I feel like I can get enough seat time in 09, I'd like to try for my comp license in late '09, or early '10. I plan to run all the NASA SE, and VIR with MA. I thought about going AI, but a few of us DE'rs decided to move forward with CMC in hopes of building the SE car count.

John
2000 Mustang GT #67 AI
NASA-SE Instructor

User avatar
Lady in Nomex
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: In the sticks near Woodland, CA
Contact:

Postby Lady in Nomex » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Sweet, Welcome John! If you need parts be sure to post up here as someone often has spares they are willing to part with. The economy has us all worried about racing, just stick with it as much as you can and don't worry about the rest. At minimum you can come out and hang out with your local CMC crew, do a little volunteering to help the group and you'll have a blast while learning a ton! :)
Julie Bergman
CMC #37 Gekko Racing TA

User avatar
Travis G
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Clifton, VA

Postby Travis G » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Travis Grabb, hailing from the Mid-Atlantic region. I bought Jeff Trask's old '96 Mustang via his dad Don, and raced it in the season finale with this group of MA ruffians. I've actually been on track with these guys all season, as I'm coming out of the Factory Five Challenge. I got my comp license in February after doing HPDEs at all the Mid-Atlantic events in 2007. Prior to that I autocrossed a 500hp FFR for about 6 years.

As for the reason I'm moving over from FFC, it's mainly about car count and the great group of CMC guys here in the MA. Oh.....and Kent gave me $50 to say "he's the best director ever"! (did I get that right TopDawg?)
Travis Grabb
#720 CMG Heart Foundation
CMC2 Mustang
"Fighting Congenital Heart Defects"

Kent
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:10 pm
Location: Chantilly, VA

Postby Kent » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Travis G wrote:As for the reason I'm moving over from FFC, it's mainly about car count and the great group of CMC guys here in the MA. Oh.....and Kent gave me $50 to say "he's the best director ever"! (did I get that right TopDawg?)


Travis.....you just earned a black flag for any fellow competitor at the first event. I hope you pick to have it flown at Jimmy. :wink:

Travis fails to mention that he also won the MA FFR Championship this year.

By the way.....we missed you at the party.....it was a long couple of days.

Kent
Mid-Atlantic CMC #23 Mustang

User avatar
adam_ginsberg
Posts: 1289
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:27 am
Location: SoCal

Postby adam_ginsberg » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:59 pm

Travis G wrote:I bought Jeff Trask's old '96 Mustang via his dad Don, and raced it in the season finale with this group of MA ruffians.


Did Jeff ever replace the rear braces of the cage in that car??

User avatar
GT4Point6
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: SoCal

Postby GT4Point6 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Travis G wrote:Prior to that I autocrossed a 500hp FFR for about 6 years.


Autocross+500hp FFR=DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Wow, bet that is a handful, WELCOME!
Kevin, SoCal #63

Tom Beverly
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:29 pm
Location: MD
Contact:

Postby Tom Beverly » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:46 pm

My name is Tom Beverly and I fall under the Mid Atlantic Region. I've been around here for a while, but just recently became more vocal. I’ve had an 1993 ex-FHP Mustang AI project car that has sat caged and ready to build (I have all the parts ready to go) for the last 4+ years. With the large changes to the CMC2 rules (mainly allowing fox bodies) and the decline of AI cars in my region, I’m seriously considering de-modifying my car/cage and running it in CMC2 this upcoming season.
I’ve been doing this for about 10 years and have been mostly running/instructing track events; however I did get an SCCA license back in 2000. I’ve been running and building Mustangs this whole time. I really haven’t had the opportunity to race recently due to money/time constraints and I’m planning to make a major effort to get out there again this up coming season be it in CMC, AI or with the dreaded SCCA in SPO, ITE or GTP (that is GT Pinto for those who don’t know).

Tom :)

User avatar
bluebandit
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:45 am
Location: sterling heights, michigan

Postby bluebandit » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:20 pm

hello all,

my name is Rob Legree.. i am 20 years old from Michigan,
i have been racing for a little over 11 years now, started in karts racing with WKA, won several championships with that, ran circle track at auto city speedway in the factory stock class, then stepped up to a super late model, for those of you who don't no what that is, its more like an SU car, 2700lbs, made 750 rear wheel horse power, all aluminum and chromemolly, a REAL hand full. any ways.. wasn't having any fun with that any more because it became to expensive so i went back to doing what i love, road racing!!

the past year i bought two mustangs, one WAS a v-6 til i did a 5.0 swap (1995) and then i bought Robin Burnetts CMC car. i ran most of the HPDE events with the great lakes region. i would have run an enduro last year with rusty Furgison but long story short... i couldn't get a comp license because i dont know how to use my mirrors? yeah, crazy

anyways.. i am here to stay! i look forward to racing with everyone this year!
Rob "E'' Legree
CMC #48
Great Lakes Region

User avatar
Travis G
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Clifton, VA

Postby Travis G » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:24 am

adam_ginsberg wrote:
Travis G wrote:I bought Jeff Trask's old '96 Mustang via his dad Don, and raced it in the season finale with this group of MA ruffians.


Did Jeff ever replace the rear braces of the cage in that car??


He didn't, but I did.
Travis Grabb

#720 CMG Heart Foundation

CMC2 Mustang

"Fighting Congenital Heart Defects"

Kent
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:10 pm
Location: Chantilly, VA

Postby Kent » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:26 am

Travis G wrote:
adam_ginsberg wrote:
Travis G wrote:I bought Jeff Trask's old '96 Mustang via his dad Don, and raced it in the season finale with this group of MA ruffians.


Did Jeff ever replace the rear braces of the cage in that car??


He didn't, but I did.


You're the man Travis.....lead by example.
Mid-Atlantic CMC #23 Mustang

User avatar
roadracerwhite
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:06 am

Postby roadracerwhite » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:40 am

bluebandit wrote:hello all,

my name is Rob Legree.. i am 20 years old from Michigan,
i have been racing for a little over 11 years now, started in karts racing with WKA, won several championships with that, ran circle track at auto city speedway in the factory stock class, then stepped up to a super late model, for those of you who don't no what that is, its more like an SU car, 2700lbs, made 750 rear wheel horse power, all aluminum and chromemolly, a REAL hand full. any ways.. wasn't having any fun with that any more because it became to expensive so i went back to doing what i love, road racing!!

the past year i bought two mustangs, one WAS a v-6 til i did a 5.0 swap (1995) and then i bought Robin Burnetts CMC car. i ran most of the HPDE events with the great lakes region. i would have run an enduro last year with rusty Furgison but long story short... i couldn't get a comp license because i dont know how to use my mirrors? yeah, crazy

anyways.. i am here to stay! i look forward to racing with everyone this year!


Welcome to the MW / GL regions Rob! :D

User avatar
adam_ginsberg
Posts: 1289
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:27 am
Location: SoCal

Postby adam_ginsberg » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:54 am

Travis G wrote:
adam_ginsberg wrote:Did Jeff ever replace the rear braces of the cage in that car??


He didn't, but I did.


Glad to hear it, Travis. Frankly, I was pretty shocked those braces weren't discovered until the 2006 Nats. Pretty fast car, IIRC. Enjoy it.

RichV
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Elizabeth, CO

Postby RichV » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:25 am

Name is Rich. Altho I raced in 2008 as my 1st season, I'll intro anyway. Came from HPDE, intended on racing SpecE30 but lack of growth forced me to change classes early and run what I would have ended up in eventualy anyway. Sold my SpecE30 and got into a groundpouder. Long time Ford guy, so a Fox Mustang was no strange territory.

I'm glad to say the RM region is just shy of 15 CMC cars for 2009. If some of these guys would go into turbo mode on their builds we'd have 15 easy. But the economy has taken a toll and 'fun money' is being streched thin, as you all know. Growth has been great, considering 2007 RM CMC races were tough to fill a 5 car count.

If the gas/diesel prices stay in their current state, you'll all have good field of the RM racers at Nats this year.
94 Mustang CMC#71 RM Region

larry klamecki
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:43 pm

Postby larry klamecki » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:01 pm

I'm Larry Klamecki, living in Los Gatos, CA. I'm 62, Dad of 5, retired lawyer now working for the County of Santa Clara. I started racing (on the track) about 10 years ago, running for a few years with VARA in SoCal (BMW 2002, Lola 440); then to SCCA with a Crossle and Swift DB1.
The kids in Formula Ford are fast and fearless, no longer a comfort zone for me, so by brother and I are building a S197 for CMC2 for 2009. We've held off the build until the rules were final. Now that they are, the car goes for cage next week.
Tony G. has been a world of help and we're excited about joining the group.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest