Link to my CMC vids.

Post your CMC race videos here!
Glenn

Link to my CMC vids.

Postby Glenn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Here is a link to 13 CMC vids I have on Vimeo.com.
https://vimeo.com/user2311258/videos
Texas Region AI/CMC Series Director
Inferior Driver, Superior Platform…. since 2005.

Supercharged111

Postby Supercharged111 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:21 pm

My computer sucks at Vimeo, i.e. can't view the vids, anything special I should know about Vimeo?
Rocky Mountain CMC Director
#45 Camaro Challenge Race Car

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:38 am

https://vimeo.com/user2311258/videos
I just clicked the link and it took me right to them.

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 am

t500hps

Postby t500hps » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:56 am

THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Supercharged111

Postby Supercharged111 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Turns out my Firefox is a POS, vimeo works on IE. I must say, I think I saw myself in front of you a few times (sliding, choking). Looks like a load of fun futilely attempting to keep you at bay. See you at Hallett? :D

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:28 pm

For the last few years I have not been able to make Hallett. One of my favorite places and I do well if I can get past The Bitch (almost remamed after me). Both my girls play softball year round. Summer is All-Stars and Tournament Ball. Almost every weekend is booked. It requires both parents on hand to allow both to play as they play at the same time more times than not.

I hate missing it. Perhaps you can come down to MSR-C or TWS. I normally don't miss those events.

Supercharged111

Postby Supercharged111 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Dude I'd love love love to hit that roval at TWS, but I don't have the scratch to make the trek that far. That transition from oval to road course looks like a damn art form. MSR has some features that TWS has that I like too (double apexes, esses, and 4th gear corners). I've already told myself that if I only hit one crossover event, it must be Hallett as that's a TX and Central crossover. I assume the bitch is that giant assed lump in the middle of a corner that essentially makes it 1 car wide?

TX#11CMC

Postby TX#11CMC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:27 am

Supercharged111 wrote:Dude I'd love love love to hit that roval at TWS, but I don't have the scratch to make the trek that far. That transition from oval to road course looks like a damn art form. MSR has some features that TWS has that I like too (double apexes, esses, and 4th gear corners). I've already told myself that if I only hit one crossover event, it must be Hallett as that's a TX and Central crossover. I assume the bitch is that giant assed lump in the middle of a corner that essentially makes it 1 car wide?

You need to bring a pair to run TWS, at 2.9 miles and just under 2 minute lap, it is a 90 mph average lap. Multiple 4th gear corners around 90-100 mph.
Hallett is an awesome track / event!! Cooling has always been a big problem though being in June with 95-100 degree heat. Also, Hallett is only 1.8 miles and there aren't really any long straights to get the car cooled down. Just lots of upper 3rd gear to get the motor nice and hot. Glenn is a big fan of "the Bitch". It isn't a true race unless Glenn spins there at least once. :lol:
-Michael Mosty
TX region #11
"Fox" driver and lovin it!!!
Texas Region - CMC Director

D. Francis

Postby D. Francis » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Supercharged111 wrote:I assume the bitch is that giant assed lump in the middle of a corner that essentially makes it 1 car wide?

Nothing at Hallett is ever only one car wide.

The Bitch - left hand entry into blind uphill crest, over the top downhill braking into off camber right hander back up the hill in front of the grandstands.

And uh, don't be too far left at entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdQIelqCfc

We had an AI car a couple years ago get parked on top of those tires.
David Francis
#39 CMC Camaro
Orange is FAST!

suck fumes

Postby suck fumes » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:37 pm

HOLY MOLY! Never seen that video before. Good thing it landed upright and not upside down! I doubt that autopower bolt in roll bar would hold up.
2013 CMC NATIONAL CHAMPION

Motorsportheaven.com

Supercharged111

Postby Supercharged111 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 pm

D. Francis wrote:
Supercharged111 wrote:I assume the bitch is that giant assed lump in the middle of a corner that essentially makes it 1 car wide?

Nothing at Hallett is ever only one car wide.

The Bitch - left hand entry into blind uphill crest, over the top downhill braking into off camber right hander back up the hill in front of the grandstands.

And uh, don't be too far left at entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdQIelqCfc

We had an AI car a couple years ago get parked on top of those tires.

Did he get loose at the crest? He got loose on the exit, and also appeared to have the reflexes of a dead alligator in recovering the thing. Then again, it's probably one of those "I haven't been there yet" things. That's some expensive plastic right there. So after he spins is the downhill braking into off camber right hander then, huh? We've got one of those at High Plains Raceway, but your description implies this one has a twist. Is the braking area off camber too?

D. Francis

Postby D. Francis » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:08 am

Supercharged111 wrote:Is the braking area off camber too?
Doesn't have to be. I think his biggest issue was speed with how far left he was.

On edit...

Then there's [url=http://jalopnik.com/5390929/mustang-crash-gallery/[/url]THIS.[/url] Yes the turn can bite you but we've put 3 wide in there.
David Francis

#39 CMC Camaro

Orange is FAST!

Supercharged111

Postby Supercharged111 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:53 am

TX#11CMC wrote:
Supercharged111 wrote:Dude I'd love love love to hit that roval at TWS, but I don't have the scratch to make the trek that far. That transition from oval to road course looks like a damn art form. MSR has some features that TWS has that I like too (double apexes, esses, and 4th gear corners). I've already told myself that if I only hit one crossover event, it must be Hallett as that's a TX and Central crossover. I assume the bitch is that giant assed lump in the middle of a corner that essentially makes it 1 car wide?

You need to bring a pair to run TWS, at 2.9 miles and just under 2 minute lap, it is a 90 mph average lap. Multiple 4th gear corners around 90-100 mph.

I really like the sounds of TWS, that braking down off the banking looks like an art form. For as loose as I am in low speed hairpins, this car feels pretty solid in the faster stuff. Plus a track full of it is something I have yet to experience. That said, Hallett is a 3 way crossover, so to pick between the 2 Hallett gets my vote.

D. Francis wrote:
Supercharged111 wrote:Is the braking area off camber too?
Doesn't have to be. I think his biggest issue was speed with how far left he was.

On edit...

Then there's [url=http://jalopnik.com/5390929/mustang-crash-gallery/[/url]THIS.[/url] Yes the turn can bite you but we've put 3 wide in there.

I've seen that blue Mustang before (gotta love the roll cage feet through the floor), didn't realize it was Hallett. Same with the vette. The bitch must be real, I'm going to watch some CMC Hallett videos now to get a better idea. Then I'll probably still spin on it. :lol:

D. Francis

Postby D. Francis » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Supercharged111 wrote:The bitch must be real, I'm going to watch some CMC Hallett videos now to get a better idea.
I think I heard there might be a shot of several cars going through there in the world famous AI/CMC Texas 2013 Year In Review... coming soon.

I heard.
David Francis

#39 CMC Camaro

Orange is FAST!

Return to “CMC Race Videos”