2014 rules package; the National Director's cut

Questions and answers about CMC and NASA rules

Moderator: Al Fernandez

DAlgozine

Postby DAlgozine » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:59 pm

MHISSTC wrote:
DAlgozine wrote:Anyone else see the 800lb gorilla in the room :o ?

Which one are you looking at? :lol:

Torque arm.
The solution to all of these Mustang rear suspension problems has already been invented. It's not that expensive and its a proven solution.
Dave Algozine
CMC #12

ShadowBolt

Postby ShadowBolt » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:23 pm

DAlgozine wrote:
MHISSTC wrote:
DAlgozine wrote:Anyone else see the 800lb gorilla in the room :o ?

Which one are you looking at? :lol:

Torque arm.
The solution to all of these Mustang rear suspension problems has already been invented. It's not that expensive and its a proven solution.

The Camaro drivers are sure the torque arm will make CMC an all Mustang series like AI. It will never happen.

I just purchased the Wild Rides S-Box to fix my upper mounts. This (tearing upper mounts out) is going to become a non-issue. The S-Box came in today. This thing is a piece of art. As the owner of a precision sheet metal shop I can tell you it is very well made and we will never tear these mounts out. I did not measure it yet but it looks like it is made out of at least 10 ga and maybe 7 ga. 10 ga is .134" and 7 ga is .179"!

JJ

Supercharged111

Postby Supercharged111 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:45 pm

The torque arm bolts to the seat belt holes, right? All it does is maintain pinion angle, right? Then you'd need a panhard bar? How exactly would it change the characteristics of the car save for the rear end not binding and tearing shit up? Would the Mustang drivers then suffer the same destructive axle hop on a bad downshift?
Rocky Mountain CMC Director
#45 Camaro Challenge Race Car

Tom P

Postby Tom P » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Supercharged111 wrote:The torque arm bolts to the seat belt holes, right?

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/conte ... A1-2r2.pdf
72 Great Lakes

BADVENM

Postby BADVENM » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:47 am

Al Fernandez wrote:As evidenced by the discussion in the prior couple of pages I think you can see that the jury is still out on the mustang rear upper arms. It sounds reasonable, but certainly more discussion is needed so taking the time and not jumping to a rule change is a good decision. When we reach a more definitive stance then we can change the rule (if thats the direction we choose to go).

As for the wheel weight value...that .0 was on the "to do" list but I overlooked it. It'll be in the first revision.

When will the revision be out?
NASA Rocky Mountain - Camaro-Mustang Challenge car #8 Team Incidental Contact
3rd Place CMC - 2010 NASA National Championship
3rd Place CMC - 2015 NASA West Coast Championship PTB

Return to “Rules Questions/Answers”